Find out of which of the following nutrients do infants require extra servings?
New moms always have a lot on their minds, including serving up the best foods for their babies. Let’s find out of which of the following nutrients do infants require extra servings? The happy news is that it’s pretty easy to provide the nutrients babies need once you learn what they are.
New parents are subjected to all kinds of contradictory advice about infant nutrition. But, of which of the following nutrients do infants require extra servings? With a few simple guidelines – and some advice from Precision Nutrition parents – you can be sure that you are getting your infant off to the healthiest start.
Of which of the following nutrients do infants require extra servings?
Nutrition and Your Growing Baby
– Some of the nutrients babies need to grow and stay healthy include:
Calcium . Helps build strong bones and teeth.
– Fat : Creates energy, helps the brain develop, keeps skin and hair healthy, and protects against infections.
– Folate : Helps cells divide.
– Iron : Builds blood cells, and helps the brain develop. Breast-fed babies should receive iron supplements.
– Protein and carbohydrates : They provide energy and fuel growth.
– Zinc : Helps the cells grow and repair themselves
Your baby also needs vitamins such as:
– Vitamin A. Keeps skin, hair, vision, and the immune system healthy.
– Vitamin B1 (thiamine). Helps the body turn food into energy.
– Vitamin B2 (riboflavin). Helps the body turn food into energy, and – protects cells from damage.
– Vitamin B3 (niacin). Helps the body turn food into energy and use fats and protein.
– Vitamin B6. Keeps the brain and immune system healthy.
– Vitamin B12. Keeps nerve and blood cells healthy, and makes DNA — the genetic material in every cell.
– Vitamin C. Protects against infections, builds bones and muscles, and helps wounds heal.
– Vitamin D. Helps the body absorb calcium from food, and keeps bones and teeth healthy. Breast-fed babies may need a D supplement.
– Vitamin E. Protects cells from damage, and strengthens the immune system.
– Vitamin K. Helps the blood to clot.
Nutrients in Formula
Most infant formulas today are made from cow’s milk. They are fortified to make them as close to breast milk as possible, and to give babies all the nutrients they need to grow and be healthy.
Most cow’s milk formulas contain:
– Carbohydrates, in the form of the milk sugar “lactose”
– Minerals, such as calcium and zinc
– Vitamins, including A, C, D, E, and the B vitamins
Remember, don’t worry about serving sizes or numbers of servings. Instead, provide a variety of good-for-baby foods and a fun, relaxed mealtime atmosphere. Then sit back and watch the healthy eating happen … and a future of healthy eating habits take shape.
You can see more :
>> Did you ever have the school cane being used?
>> Just fruits and exotics – Lifestyle tips for you________________________________________________________________________________________
Đầu tư là gì? Kiến Thức Đầu Tư Chứng Khoán Quan Trọng Nhất Trong Quá Trình Đầu Tư?
Mở tài khoản chứng khoán TechcomBank nhanh chóng, thuận tiện giao dịch, bảo mật tuyệt đối.
Đầu Tư Chứng Khoán Xu Hướng Đầu Tư 2021 Hướng dẫn kiếm tiền từ đầu tư chứng khoán
Khóa Học Đầu Tư Chứng Khoán - Khóa học chứng khoán online (miễn phí) cho người mới bắt