The best delicious and healthy chocolate smoothie recipes easiest to do
A good chocolate smoothie recipe typically results in a rich and creamy drink that works really well in the morning. The recipe chocolate smoothie I’m sharing is inspired by the one I found. Simply try them out and play around a bit with the ingredients until your own taste buds are fully satisfied!
Regular commercial chocolate is high in sugar and fat content, depending on the kind you eat, but using unsweetened cocoa powder to make your own beverages has some strong health benefits.
In fact, eating cocoa products has been shown to improve cardiovascular health and cognitive function, meaning that it could be a great way to start your day.
Thus, I’m going to show you how to make a healthy choc smoothie so that you can get all the flavor and nutrients that you want – without the usual sugar and fat involved. It’s creamy chocolate breakfast shake .
- 2 frozen ripe bananas (chopped prior to freezing)
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries (or blueberries)
- 2-3 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp salted almond butter*
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1.5-2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (sub soy or coconut)
- 1 dash stevia or agave nectar (depending on sweetness of bananas)
- 1/3 cup ice
- 1 big handful big handful of spinach (optional // not pictured here)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you prefer a more chocolatey shake, add more cocoa powder. If you prefer it sweeter, add more stevia or agave. If you prefer it thinner, add less ice OR more almond milk.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 2 shakes)
- Calories: 312
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Sugar: 27g
- Protein: 6.2g
A creamy vegan chocolate shake with tons of fruit, protein, and rich chocolate flavor. Makes the perfect breakfast, snack, or late-night dessert.
You can easily add more cocoa powder to make the chocolate flavor even more prominent. Also, if you can’t have or absolutely despise bananas, you could probably just sub all frozen strawberries or blueberries for a similar result. I also highly recommend sneaking in some flaxseed and spinach for added nutrition without any affect on the flavor. Bottoms up!